Written by Bill Hutchison on August 8, 2010 in News
That was the question that I read out loud in our kid’s devotional last Friday night. Tamara looked at me and asked me if that was really what the question said. I think she thought I was pulling her leg given what we’ve done in the last 16 months.
The story we were listening to was about the story of Esther. It focused on the fact that “God Has a Plan for Our Lives”. The key verse was Psalm 9:10:
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. (Psalm 9:10)
Moving to Canada has been a big step of faith for us as we continue to walk out what He has for us while here. We’ve been reminded lately that God’s plan is always the best plan, and that He knows what’s He’s up to, even when we don’t have all the answers. The transition to Canada has been more challenging than we had expected in a few ways:
- Our house is needing a lot of maintenance and updating that we were not planning on
- None of our health, except Jessica’s, is as good as we would like
- It’s been harder than we expected to build and grow our relationships here
- The high cost of living in Calgary is still a shock to us
- Canadian culture and language is different than Australia
- Calgary’s cold and dry climate is a huge change from living in the tropics
- Caleb was at four different schools in only nine months
- We have to drive on the other side of the road in Canada
God is proving to be faithful to us as we work through the challenges that have come our way since getting here. Sometimes it’s the little things, like our weekly family devotionals or a comment from the kids, that remind us of the life that God has called us to and that He is in control.
My Work With YWAM
It’s been fun working with the Youth With A Mission International Chairman’s Team (YWAM ICT) on communication projects that have such a wide audience and possible impact. It’s been a big transition for me working remotely with the team, rather than being in the same office, but we have seen some good things happen since getting here.
Here are some of the different projects that we have worked on so far this year with the ICT:
- Launched the new Youth With A Mission International Web-Site at www.ywam.org
- Launched the new site for the International YWAMer (Online YWAM Magazine) and audio version at internationalywamer.org
- Launched a weekly YWAM News Radio Show / Podcast at ywampodcast.com
- Continuing to grow the YWAM network on Facebook and Twitter
We are now working on building a resource site for YWAM teaching and information that we plan to launch by the end of this year.
Thank you for taking this journey with us. We appreciate your prayers, support, friendship and trust as we continue on the path that God has for our lives, wherever it leads…
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)